Do I Want My Ex Back? How Can I be Sure?
Post date: 2008-12-04
We all want to find someone to spend the rest of our lives with. That special someone to share our joys, sorrows, and accomplishments with. If you've have or had someone like this in your life you know how happy you can feel. Unfortunately break ups are possible. No one is spared from this possibility. Sometimes a break up can be avoided while in other cases a break up is necessary because the relationship is too destructive for one or both parties involved. If you've broken up with someone and you are asking yourself the question "do I want my ex back?" consider why you want them back. If you can answer that question honestly then here are some tips for getting your ex back.
1. Clear your head and your thoughts from constantly thinking about your ex and the relationship. If you are stressing over the situation your ex will be able to tell. They won't be relaxed around you because you won't be relaxed. If you are trying to win your ex back then you want to eliminate as much stress from the situation as possible. You will be able to communicate with each other much more clearly when you are both relaxed.
2. Stay strong! Whether you realize it or not you can survive without your ex in your life. You have to believe this and show your ex that you will be alright whether they take you back or not. You don't have to be a jerk about it. The point is don't sell yourself short and beg for your ex to take you back. Work through the situation without but remember that if it doesn't work out you will survive!
3. Change something about yourself. Think about this - your relationship ended, in part, because of who you are or something that was done. Why would your ex want that same person back? Make a change that will WOW and impress them. A new hairstyle, lose some weight, get buff, a new job, travel more...do something that will make him or her take notice again. Do something positive to influence your life - not just to impress your ex. The results may surprise you.
4. Study history. Your relationship history! What led to your break up in the first place? Don't let this consume your thoughts but you need to know this in order to avoid the same mistakes if you do get back with your ex. Make it a learning experience. Use it to move forward and let your relationship grow.
5. You need a plan. Don't expect to just plow back into your ex's arms wearing your emotions on your sleeve. This is the worst thing you can do. You need a stepwise plan to get your ex back. Use logic and reasoning (and only a little emotion). The more thought you put into the process the better your chances of winning your ex back.